Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Bru

Bru_LoRes

The reason I'm interested in making violins is because I like music: making, listening to, and dancing to. Here's the band I'm in, the Bru.

My daughter, starting her business as a photographer, took our photo after we performed in a St. Andrew's Day service last Sunday in Boise. In addition to the photo being taken by my daughter, the kilt I'm wearing was made by my sister, and the fiddle was made by me.

From left to right we have Bill, a long-time friend of mine, whom I've spent many a day tracking the mountains for deer and elk with flintlock in hand, Julia on cello, new to the band, and a good influence musically, myself, Dana, who usually plays piano, but occasionally graces us with her fine voice and guitar, and Tim, a piper, guitarist, whistle-playing accordionist -- pretty much anything he gets his hands on.

It's a fun group.

No comments:

Post a Comment